Jacob Cass is ‘a prolific graphic designer in New York talks about how building a personal brand and effective use of social media got him out of some interesting obstacles in life’.
Watching this video taught me 10 ideas about how to build a personal foundation via a website, blog and social networks.
- Define my brand: what are my goals, who are my audience, and what portrays my visual identity?
- Creating a website – elements to include are: a homepage that is consistently updated, with several options to connect via social media platforms. A portfolio page to include thumbnails of work and case studies (behind the scenes and research of work).
- About page with photo and bio.
- testimonials page with photograph of person writing about me with a link to their website.
- Blog: be passionate about my topic
- Utilise the social networks and communicate across the platforms
- be genuine
- provide value by sharing links and my knowledge. Be seen as a leader in my field.
- Create and tribe and culture
- build mutually beneficial relationships and help others.
link and quote retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeHtvuTcy70